Without Rim Bed Holes - Pros And Cons
More and more brand wheelset without rim bed holes design, this is a brief analysis of pros and cons as below:
- No tape on rim bed
- Tubeless set up is very easy and robust
- The complete wheels weight will be lighter
- Breaking a spoke is more of an issue to deal with, especially if it breaks at the nipple, on a deep section rim.
- On the other hand, hard to happen broken any spokes on new wheels built with brass nipples. If getting wheels built without holes in the tire bed, using alloy nipples is an invitation to problems down the road.
- Spend more time to build.