Carbon Spokes: Advantages and Disadvantages
Carbon spokes is not a fresh thing. As the representative of high-ranking carbon wheelset, carbon spokes have been already applied on the lightweight carbon wheelset for a period of time. At the beginning, carbon spokes wheelset is only for professional races. Now, not only for racing, but also be chosen for training.
What are the benefits of carbon spokes:
- Carbon spokes have much higher tensile strength. Increasing in responsiveness, It theoretically means higher in stiffness that helps faster acceleration.
- Carbon spokes have lighter weight, Nepest carbon spokes are 3.3g/pcs only, which support Nepest wheelset to be lighter, the complete set of Nepest MAUI 35 wheelset weighs only 1240+/-30g.
- Carbon Spokes provide excellent stiffness.
What are the disadvantages of carbon spokes:
- More expensive than steel spokes.
- Easier to break if being crashed by the side of wheels.